IAP's members constitute more than 30,000 of the best scientists, engineers and health professionals in over 100 countries across Africa, the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. With its four regional networks – in Africa (the Network of African Science Academies, NASAC), the Americas (the InterAmerican Network of Academies of Sciences, IANAS), Asia (the Association of Academies and Societies of Sciences in Asia, AASSA) and Europe (the European Academies Science Advisory Council, EASAC) – IAP provides a platform for mobilizing regional and national expertise on wide-ranging issues of global importance at the interface of science and policy, and for facilitating cooperation with other key stakeholders and partners.
As IAP members, merit-based academies receive the following benefits. Members can:
- Connect with other academies and key stakeholders and learn from each other's experiences
- Build capacity to advise their national and regional governments on critical science policy issues
- Collaborate with other academies on national,regional and global science policy issues
- Participate in IAP and regional network projects, e.g. by nominating experts to working groups and committees
- Guide IAP policy and projects by nominating academicians to IAP leadership positions
- Amplify their impact as part of a unified ‘global voice’ of independent academies through IAP reports, statements, and other outputs
Be a proactive member of IAP! For more information or to share ideas, please contact us at email@example.com.